Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Randleman High School Talent





I am proud to say that 4 of my students had their artwork published in a new book about collaborative art journals. They took part in a workshop led by friends and fellow artists David Modler and Eric Scott 3 years ago. David left an art journal with me after the workshop and asked that my students and myself work in it, then return it to him. A number of us added our artwork to his journal and then sent it back to him for other artists to add to. About 1 1/2 years ago, I sent in our images to a call for artists from L. K. Ludwig. Four images were chosen for publication. You will find their images on pages 72 & 73. It is a beautiful book, filled with images from all types of collaborative art journals. I am thrilled that some of Randleman High School student work was included. It just proves to me how talented my students are! I am including their images so you can see for yourself as well as a link to amazon if you would like to purchase this book.

No comments: