Sunday, August 21, 2011

Latest News

Finally back in town after a very busy summer. I started off the summer by finishing a lot of new work for my show in Clayton. These are just a small sampling. I am still using nautical charts as my collage, experimenting with new colors and adding silhouettes. Then 3 days in Charleston and a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas gave me some needed down time.

My new studio space in Burlington is finished, though it still needs some organizing. I taught my first classes there this July! My studio will be open Oct. 15 and 16 for the Alamance Studio Tour. Be sure to stop in for refreshments, door prizes and to see my new work. I will also be doing demos on ATC's and Zentangles.

School has started and the kids will be back on the 25th of this month.
I am looking forward to a creative year. This will be my 22nd year teaching
art. I love working with the high school age students. I am hoping to teach
private and semi private lessons as well in my Burlington studio this coming year.
Let me know if you or your student is interested. To see some of my students'
artwork, visit my RHS art department page at
Randleman High School Art Department

I have a couple of workshops coming up. This Saturday, Aug. 27, I will be teaching a visual journal workshop at the Hickory Mountain Weavery
on Hwy 64 near Siler City. This is a great opportunity to learn an assortment of techniques for creating journal pages. A handout with 100 journal topics is included in the class along with all your supplies. I will be doing another journaling workshop at Barton College on Saturday, Sept 10. Hope to see you at one of these!

I also have 2 shows scheduled for this fall. The first will be at the Red Hat Corporate offices in Raleigh and will run from Oct. through Jan.
The second show is at the North Charleston Gallery in SC and will run during the month of December. The opening is Thursday,
Dec 1 from 5-7pm.

I am staying busy. Guess that is good!

1 comment:

Math Activities said...

Lovely painting and awesome picture.